T G L
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opening This Can of Worms...

+4
Demi Bank
teoma
smokingsebba
sircarp
8 posters

Go down

Opening This Can of Worms... Empty Opening This Can of Worms...

Post  Guest Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:24 pm

After much self-deliberation and inflection on how to present this, I've decided to just let it fly. It's been discussed on runs, talked about in secluded places and whispered in pm's and it's time to get it out in the open. I'm taking it upon myself to address this issue and if you're offended, you're probably an offender!

Why do people who have healing powers SAVE their sp?! I hate to admit it, but this includes some of my fellow Desert Bandits... scratch

If you think saving your sp for buffing (or whatever you're saving it for) in higher levels of a run is smart, you're wrong! Use your healing powers if someone (including yourself) is hanging on the precipice of dying. The person you save may just be the person who helps you get to those higher levels to use your buffs! If you have low sp, BUY SOME ROARS!!!

I (and others) have admittedly been on runs where persons with heals have died or let others die by needlessly hoarding sp when they should have been healing. You (or the person you didn't heal) are NO GOOD to a run standing in Shik after getting killed senselessly because you refused to heal yourself or them. The strength of a run is measured by the number of finalists when it's over, right? Right!

That's All I Got to Say About That!

Your Brother in Arms,

Dudemanly

**Dude Out

Back to top Go down

Opening This Can of Worms... Empty Re: Opening This Can of Worms...

Post  sircarp Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:36 pm

i can onley say ur right .
ive been in runs where peeps with healing power diet with fuul sp course they dont heal ,my remedy on that when i c it in a run where im in i dont heal them even if its kills me .

greetings sircarp Twisted Evil
sircarp
sircarp

Back to top Go down

Post  smokingsebba Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:10 pm

Thank you for this post ...

i hope the poeple will that are pointed with this topic will read it and USE THEIR SP !!!

smokingsebba

Back to top Go down

Post  teoma Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:27 pm

well said I agree with you there are some players who just use their sp for themselves I think that is not right Sad Crying or Very sad

teoma

Back to top Go down

Opening This Can of Worms... Empty In DB's Defense Though...

Post  Guest Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:07 pm

Our Snake Juice heals do 10-15K... We do find it senseless to use them when someone is only 5-6K down... With others doing group heals when people are only 3-4K down, we do not use them right away and rightly so....

But down the road, you LOVE our AH3's!!! (When they work, lol!)

So Hug A DB!!!

DM

Back to top Go down

Post  Demi Bank Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:24 pm

I try to heal but most of the time when someone gets to around the point where I can heal them [7k] is that someone else heals them first but I do try to heal the ebst I can

~senses dude wants to direct this post towards me~ >w<
Demi Bank
Demi Bank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:03 pm

Demi Bank wrote:I try to heal but most of the time when someone gets to around the point where I can heal them [7k] is that someone else heals them first but I do try to heal the ebst I can

~senses dude wants to direct this post towards me~ >w<

If I was directing this at someone specifically Demi, they would have been named. As everyone knows, it's not just you. ...But since you opened the door, I'll walk in...

I was on two (2) runs with you Sunday Sept. 26th and Grammy was healing you SO much, she ran out of sp both times. On both occasions you died in room 5 one time and 6 on the other carrying FULL sp with you all the way back to Shikaakwa. This was noticed and mentioned by the 2 other members of the run who will remain nameless. Grammy; bless her generous heart, had nothing bad to say, but the frustration was there...

The point is, if you or someone is in need of hp and you have sp, use it.

DM

Back to top Go down

Post  NotNow1 Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:17 pm

Just throwing out my game play stategies so you know where I come from as far as this issue is concerned (keep in mind most of my strategy is based on getting my three main characters to 6-7 on "solo" runs so I mainly base it on sp conservation/spread)...

DB - heal when someone needs minimum 10k heals, but generally save it for 12k heals (hate wasting sp on a 7-8k heal, but I'll do it for a weaker player in a tough battle...). If you're in a run with me and you get to this level I'll more than likely heal you/me/the other me/etc regardless of what floor we're on. Usually this means my sp/heals are used in the 6th floor and above because EGS, shamans, etc who heal for less than this normally heal before it gets to my "magic" heal level. Once mini hits we start seeing more 10-12k hits and I start healing more often. If you run out of sp and I have lots left - don't worry! I will do all I can to ensure you and everyone else in the run survives as long as possible Smile. If you've been healing and you want to ensure you some sp left over for later runs - just don't heal for a bit and I'll take up the slack (a simple message to that effect works wonders too!).

EGS - typicallly wait until 3 people need at least 3000hp (preferably 3500hp, but it depends on how the damage is spread and whether a single player could really use a quick little boast). If three people in the run are down, I heal, otherwise it's easier on sp (spreads it out more evenly anyway) to heal an individual player when they get down to 12k heals - more than likely it'll just take a round or two of others needing 3k plus hp to bring them back to full sp using egs, but if not my DB will heal. I also use sp for smoke on harder hitting foes and the occassional def buff for a lower level player when needed in tough battles (think Clair + 6-6 here...), but these are extras dependent on how much sp is left. Obviously this stems from EGS healing having somewhat limited usefulness in later floors as there are more single large damage attacks as compared to multiple small damage attacks in earlier floors. All that being said, my EGS has been known to die with some sp left simply because he can't heal fast enough with 3.8k heals....but I certainly don't try and "save" sp for anything.

Clair - yes, my Clair can heal (200sp for 7.5k or so), but I rarely bother as a single AT3 can save me well over 20k of damage when used in the right place (think 5-6-3, then 6-2 and above...) so her sp is much better placed there than in heals. If my poor res deficient DB (not to mention any lower level players) is expected to survive 6-6 a res buff certainly comes in handy (ditto for 6-7). That being said, if there is an sp issue my Clair has been known to heal, but it's rare. She certainly isn't known to die with sp left over (rare crits excepted of course)....

Hypno - if you've ever run with my Hypno you'll know he's just there for comic effect Laughing. Actutally when 2 or 3 boxing I've only bothered using him once or twice for Time Warp 2 (and occassional heals) to get through the first 3 floors faster and then swap in my egs or clair later (mmm faster exp.....). If I'm 4 boxing (can't keep up with TW2 on 4 boxing), he's my first line of defense as far as heals are concerned (creeping up on 6k heals now!) - he can usually do all the healing for the first 3 floors and I don't expect him to survive the mini anyway.

Pathy - if you run with my Pathy alt (once again very rare...generally only shows up for non-guild runs or if power leveling someone's alt) - let him heal for the first 3 floors then I'll switch to DB. When I 3/4 box alone I usually have him heal for the first 4 floors and start the 5th floor with full SP on all characters (means getting to 6-7 with enough sp left for a def buff/AT3, plus several smokes/hip flasks/and a def buff, and a few AH3's to top it off - only survived once with 2 chars, but it's a start...). Obviously I don't do this when I run with others because it takes too long to kill bats at this point in time (he's only hitting for 65-70k right now).

Anyway, enough out of me...if you have a problem with the way I play, tell me and we can discuss further...if not, let's get out and grind!

NotNow1

Back to top Go down

Post  Demi Bank Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:53 pm

most times when I die from mini and things like that is when I gain a crit [21k or so] from mini or get bombarded with hits which will be when I try to use my sp and it is too late cuase I would get killed before actually even using it
Demi Bank
Demi Bank

Back to top Go down

Post  Demi Bank Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:53 pm

Demi Bank wrote:most times when I die from mini and things like that is when I gain a crit [21k or so] from mini or get bombarded with hits which will be when I try to use my sp and it is too late cuase I would get killed before actually even using it
speaking of which I was just in a run now with nippy and others and got to mini I was using heals on people all the way through and then when we got into mini about 2 hits from the two bats killed me as soon as I used 1 at3 on nippy while I had full hp and getting a crit from mini and then hit from the other bat isn't very good news for a Clair so not really my fault for heals when something like that happens and I don't have enough to time to get to healing
Demi Bank
Demi Bank

Back to top Go down

Post  TCMTroll Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:12 pm

I usually don't heal because someone else has taken the chance. And don't need 2 healers at once; i hate double healing. I'm fine with having 1 person do the healing. Then when they run out, another takes over. We always end up dying in the same place anyway (at least the runs I go on). Hope you guys don't mean me too, because I always seem to have SP at the end; but that just means more Blackberry 4s to get us through a few fights! cyclops
TCMTroll
TCMTroll

Back to top Go down

Opening This Can of Worms... Empty opening this can of worms

Post  grammy27 Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:27 am

Well put dude, and no it wasnt pointed at you troll, nor was it directed toward NotNow or his little family Smile, both of you are a joy to run with. I try to get along with everyone in the guild and really enjoy running with most of the guildies but what really chaps my rear end is being on a run and there are 3 sometimes 4 healers and we get to the mini boss floor 5 6th room and we have 1 person that hits lower than the rest in battle and they can heal but want use sp to heal they just keep hacking away. I would prefer to see that person heal, hit when they can and let the higher hitters do the killing, it would be over quicker. I use up all or most of my sp healing and then roar myself but i dont mind because i want everyone one the run to get as far as possible, sometimes my wand is broken and i heal someone that has full hp, i guess thats the noob comming out in me, but i try. Razz Thats all i have to say on this matter. Smile
grammy27
grammy27

Back to top Go down

Post  matulda Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:17 pm

All I have to say in this matter is that I will never buy roars and I dont expect to get any either. I heal until my sp is done and then I can gladely die, the game is for fun and one more run dont hurt me Smile That important isnt the xp at higher floors!
matulda
matulda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum